“Tracy examines every word on every page of every screenplay with a fine tooth comb, and offers the most pertinent, well-intentioned criticism and analysis I have ever received. She’s never bashful when it comes to sharing her knowledge of structure and pacing, and her love and enthusiasm for the craft… if what you want is compliments and reassurance, look elsewhere. But if you want to come out with a better, more marketable script, and end up a more professional writer, consult Tracy.” Will Hammitt
Both of my parents were teachers, so I guess explaining things comes to me naturally. When I was young, teaching was at the bottom of my to-do list, but as time passed, it worked its way to the top. I taught screenwriting at California State University, Northridge for six years. Now I work out my “Teaching Jones” by offering my services as a script consultant.
If you have an idea but need help developing it, I can work with you on a per session basis, suggesting developmental steps specific to your project. These sessions can be in person, if you live in the hood, or via email if you don’t. If you have a draft, or a completed script, and want feedback this is what you will get from me:
1. I always read a script twice
- The first read is to get a feel for the project
- The second read is formulate a response
2. I always email notes to the writer
- Comprehensive notes will be emailed in WORD
- Line notes will be embedded in a PDF version of your script
- I can also work with hard copies, if you prefer
3. After you have digested my notes, we will have at least one follow up session, in person, over the phone, or via email, to discuss your work and my notes.
Full Length Screenplay or Stage Play – $150
Television Episode – $90
Short Screenplay or Stage Play – $65
Per Session fee – $35
If you have any questions, or want further information, feel free to contact me at email@example.com. Please put SCRIPT CONSULTATION in the subject line.